Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

We had some neighbors over today for a cookout, and I was a little naughty. We had three completely scrumptious desserts (baked smores, Rice Krispie treats, brownies). I just had to taste a little of each. It was honestly the first time that I've had that much sugar intake. Fortunately (or maybe I should say unfortunately), I wasn't phased by the sugar intake at all!

Up until this point, I have really tried to watch my sugar intake. I still have Splenda in my coffee in the morning, and I very rarely ever have a sweet or dessert. If I'm in the mood, I'll make myself some sugar-free rice pudding or have some fresh fruit for dessert. Today was just overkill (as evidenced by me still being up at 12:15 am - wired from the sugar, I suppose).

I have definitely become more complacent over the last few months. I haven't been packing my lunch at work very much, which has resulted in more eating out, and of course, eating unhealthy foods. I've been blessed that all of this lack of planning hasn't caught up with me too much. I'm still down about 90 pounds from where I started a little over two years ago. If I can get my act together, I'd like to lose another 10 pounds and stay there for the rest of my life.

This whole journey has been so life changing and at the same time mind boggling for me. I cannot even imagine going back to that same embarrassed, unconfident, and shy person that I was before my gastric bypass surgery. It's hard to recall those days, but I can sure remember the feeling of wanting to hide behind everything and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment