Saturday, June 23, 2018

I am officially back. For good this time. I have been off the grid for a few years now. My only real excuse is that I’ve been caught up in life. My job. My family. In that time, I have definitely regressed a bit and went back to some poor eating habits. Since my weight loss surgery 9 years ago, I had literally put back on 65 pounds. I honestly was focusing on everyone but myself. My husband, my kids, my parents, my pets, my co-workers. Everyone but myself. I was last on my list.

In March of this year, I hit a low point in my life when I realized I was disgusted with my body ONCE AGAIN and I had jumped back up to 235 pounds (my highest weight right before WLS was 271 pounds). I returned from a business trip to South America in March and decided it was time to take my life back. I joined Weight Watchers and have been tracking using the online app pretty obsessively and also attending the weekly meetings. I also started back at the gym and have been going 4-5 days a week. Since starting this new journey to find myself again, I am down 28 pounds and have added some definition to my body.

So, I have been thinking a lot about why I am successful this time in my weight loss journey using Weight Watchers when I had tried it many times in the past unsuccessfully. In past attempts to lose weight (before the WLS), I would lose a few pounds here and there but never anything dramatic or impactful. This time, the combination of Weight Watchers and a commitment to the gym is what I think is the magic recipe.

My husband and I started personal training sessions this week as a way to bump up our game. I’d been feeling a bit complacent lately and doing the same exercises each time at the gym. Our trainer worked our tails off on Thursday night and I’m really feeling it today. I look forward to continuing our workouts and personal training sessions. I hope that this is the jumpstart that I need to kick myself into gear.

My goal is to lose another 30 pounds by October. I know it’s a stretch, but I have 15 weeks to do it and I’m 150% committed! I can do this. I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment