Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Slowly but surely...

It's been almost seven months since my WLS and I'm still trudging along strongly. I am down a total of 92 pounds and I've gone from a size 22/24 (or 26/28 in some shirts) down to a size 12/14. I've really slowed down a lot the last two months or so, which is to be expected of course.

My bloodwork at my six-month check-up was great -- no vitamin deficiencies or any issues to be concerned with. I've been really focusing on making sure I get all my vitamins in each and every day. Here is my typical vitamin schedule:

Morning

Flintstones Complete chewable vitamin
Vitamin D (1000 IU plus 117 mg calcium)
Citrical Calcium Citrate w/Vitamin D (500 IU vitamin D plus 400 mg calcium)
B12 sublingual dot (1-2 – 500 mcg each)
B-1 tablet (100 mg of B-1/thiamin and 80 mcg of calcium and 24 mg of phosphorus)

Dinnertime

Flintstones Complete chewable vitamin
Citrical Calcium Citrate w/Vitamin D (500 IU vitamin D plus 400 mg calcium)
B12 sublingual dot (1-2 – 500 mcg each)
Iron tablet (65 mg iron)
Biotin tablet (5,000 mcg of biotin w/ 132 mg calcium)
Fish oil softgel (1,200 mg)
Fiber Choice chewable tablet

I do need to talk to my nutritionist about the frequency and any vitamins that might counter each other, because a good friend told me that some of the vitamins that I'm taking might be negating each other. Have that on my "to do list."

Anyway, for the most part, I feel great. I've been getting back into my exercise routine (trying to get the YMCA 1-2 days/week for cardio and weightlifting) and doing the treadmill in my house 1-2 days/week. I'm really enjoying running on the treadmill, and who knows, maybe one of these days, I'll turn into a runner!

Here's a photo of my daughter and I that was taken recently:



Until next time, peace out and enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment