Sunday, July 26, 2009

Almost to Onederland!

OK, so I got on the scale this morning and had a big realization! Only 6 more pounds until "Onederland"! I will be under 200 pounds for the first time in over 12 years!!

I've set a small goal for myself -- to lose those 6 pounds before I leave for vacation on August 16th. That gives me three weeks -- two pounds a week. I think that's do-able, don't you?

I had an incident yesterday involving an orange, of all things. I am able to drink orange juice (50% reduced sugar from Tropicana) with no problem. For some reason, I was craving a real ice cold orange yesterday afternoon. So, I sliced it into four pieces and started sucking the juice out of them. I got through three quarters and then, all of a sudden, I got this shooting pain in my tummy. After about 10 minutes, I ended up having to force myself to throw up because I couldn't handle the pain anymore. I suppose that it was too much acid, but I certainly learned my lesson. No more oranges for me anytime soon!

I have my three-month checkup with my WLS doctor on Wednesday, so I'll see how things go. I do know that my potassium levels are still a little bit low, so I'm really trying to focus on eating more bananas and other foods high in potassium.

Here's a recipe that I'm going to try for dinner tomorrow night. The kids (and me) are looking forward to it:

Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie

1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup Reduced Fat Bisquick®
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup liquid egg substitute

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 9” pie plate. Cook ground beef and onion in skillet until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt. Spread in pie plate; sprinkle with cheese. Stir remaining ingredients in separate bowl until well mixed. Pour into pie plate. Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Makes 6 servings.

NOTE: To reduce fat, use extra lean ground turkey in place of the ground beef.

Nutrition information per serving: 310 calories; 26 grams protein; 18 grams fat; 9 grams carbohydrate; 243 mg sodium; 205 mg calcium.


I will let you know how it comes out!

Have a great week!! Until next time, peace out!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious.
    How did it turn out?

    Richard

    6 lbs is do-able ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the "Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie" last night. My husband and kids LOVED it. I was only able to eat a little bit (very filling), but it was delicious!! Will definitely make it again!

    ~ Shelly

    ReplyDelete