Saturday, August 8, 2009

Reached a milestone...and another one's right around the corner!

Milestone #1: I fit into a size 14 today!!

Milestone #2 (almost there): I'm only 1.4 pounds away from being 200 pounds!


OK, now let me backtrack and tell the story. My mother and I went shopping tonight. Since this journey started for me, my clothes have been progressively getting bigger and bigger and I've had to "retire" many pairs of pants and tops. I went shopping earlier in the summer and picked up a few tops and pairs of capris for work, but that's it.

Right after my WLS, I was in size 22/24 pants and 26/28 tops. As soon as the weight started coming off, the sizes started going down. I seriously think I skipped over size 20 and went right into size 18. That's where I've been the past few weeks, until yesterday at work, someone pointed out that my capri pants were too big. I thought that my co-worker must be mistaken, because I had just bought the capris two months ago. When I really examined my legs, I thought "Yea, she's right." I was floating in the capris!

So, my mother and I went to Avenue and Ross tonight in search of some good finds. I didn't want to spend too much, since it's at the end of one season and I'll have to be buying long-sleeve tops and sweaters soon enough! I found a few bargains tonight...but the best news of all was that I was able to fit into a size 14 top and I bought this beautiful dress suit for work -- also in a size 14! I can honestly say that I haven't been in a size 14 since right after I got married -- 12 years ago!!! What an awesome feeling!!

OK, onto my second milestone. I had set a personal goal for myself to be under 200 pounds when I leave for vacation. Well, we leave for the Outer Banks next Sunday and when I got on the scale this morning, I was at 201.4. Only a pound and a half and I'll be in ONEDERLAND!!!! Again, that's a territory that I haven't ventured in since right after I got married 12 years ago.

Overall, I'm feeling really good right now. It's been more than 3 months since my WLS. The only problem that I'm having now is hair loss. Can't wait for that to stop. My only challenges now are making sure that I get enough protein and water each day. Some days, that is a challenge. Most days are alright, though.

Until next time, peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment