Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Four months out!

Wow, the last four months have flown right by. I can't believe that summer is already over and school is back in session (my kids started back today).

All this has given me the opportunity to reflect on my weightloss over the summer. I had my surgery on April 30, 2009 and weighed in at a whopping 271 pounds!! I look back at the pictures now and all I see is something that resembles the Staypuff Marshmallow Man!!! Seriously.

Anyway, we were taking photos this morning of the kids on their first day back at school. My daughter wanted to take a photo of me. In the past, I would have easily dismissed the idea and run hiding from the camera. For some reason, she caught me at an "off" moment this morning (not to mention that it was 7 a.m.). She snapped the photo and I didn't think anything of it until I came home from work and uploaded the photos. I was blown away. For the first time, I was looking at someone that I didn't know. I barely recognized myself.

See for yourself the transformation of me:



In just four short months, I've somehow managed to lose 81 pounds. I never even thought that was possible. This WLS has most definitely been an incredible journey for me, and I'm so damn grateful that I undertook this. I feel great, have a little more confidence, and feel much healthier than I ever have!

No comments:

Post a Comment