Sunday, September 20, 2009

Turning 40 this year was somewhat fun...



Well, I suppose that I'm over the hill now. I turned 40 a few weeks ago, and I have to say that I honestly don't feel mature enough to be 40. I'm still that same immature kid who enjoys going to Metallica concerts with my friends (and family members), spending countless hours playing on facebook, and downloading the latest tunes on my iPod/iPhone. I guess the old adage must be true: YOU ARE ONLY AS YOUNG AS YOU ACT!

Turning 40 for me this year was a lot easier because of how I feel and how I look as a result of my WLS. I feel like a new person (and some people have told me that I look like a new person). I suppose that made it easier to swallow hitting this big milestone of my life.

Last night, my friends and family threw a surprise belated 40th birthday party for me (and, ironically enough, also a surprise for my best friend Lisa who turns 40 today). Even though it wasn't a huge surprise for me that something was going on, it was a surprise when I walked into my own house and saw tons of family and friends there. My father took a few photos of the evening's festivities and, as I looked at them this morning, I really couldn't believe my eyes.

Here is a picture of my best friend (Lisa) and I five months ago:



Now, here's a photo of us both five months later after having WLS:



Combined, we've lost more than 130 pounds in just five short months! What an amazing way to restart our lives!! I think we'd both agree that it has been (and still will be) a long, hard journey, but it's been worth it all along the way.

Here's to us both -- looking good and feeling healthy as we turn 40 years old and start the next chapter in our lives! Happy birthday Lisa!

Until next time, peace out!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the wonderful weightloss! 81 lbs and a size 14 is phenomenal!!! You look terrific! I am so happy for you!!! I am finally a size 12...almost ready for a 10, and that is half the woman I used to be,(size 24P-12P) and 55 lbs gone at 6 months, on Sept 30th.

    Welcome to the 40 something crowd. It was devastating for me to turn 40, but I realized that age is just a number. You don't ever have to grow up! I still like to act like a teenager, throw on some leather pants and go with my girlfriends to Billy Idol Concerts at 47! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete