Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A wonderful first...

It's been almost 6 months (and 85 pounds) since my WLS and I'm still experiencing those "firsts" every once and a while. Last night was a perfect example. I went to the Flyers home opener -- my first hockey game since losing the weight. I have to say what a delight it was putting on that Mike Richards jersey and not feeling like the Pillsbury Dough Boy stuffed in it. It was also a real treat to sit in my seat at the game and not feel like a sardine shoved in a can. The game was great (Flyers won in OT) and it was an overall great night!! (I was even able to eat a few Chickie & Pete's crab fries and cheese dip!).

This makes me realize how many more "firsts" I will have as I continue down this journey. Here are a few of the firsts that I've experienced in the last six months:

1. Fitting in a size LARGE sweater -- I don't think I've been in that size since high school!

2. Being able to shop for clothing in normal department stores and not just plus-size stores like Lane Bryant and Avenue.

3. Walking into meetings at work with people that I haven't seen for months, and watching their faces as they stare at me in misbelief.

4. Being able to walk up a few flights of stairs and not being out of breath.

5. Looking in the mirror and actually liking the reflection of what is looking back.

I'm sure there will be many more "firsts" and I look forward to experiencing them!

Until next time, peace out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment