Monday, June 15, 2009

6 weeks and counting...

It's been a while since I've blogged. Last week was just a crazy busy week at work and I really had no spare time. My diet really suffered for that. I didn't eat anywhere near what I should have been eating (protein-wise). That is my biggest hurdle right now...making sure I eat enough and enough of the right stuff. Honestly, I could go the entire day without eating anything...and not even realize it. It is a really weird feeling to NOT be hungry. I went so many years where all I did was think about what I was going to eat next. It's very different now.

I had my 6-week check-up last Tuesday. Everything went well. I met with Dr. Boe and the nutritionist. I do have to go in early July for some blood work (I can go to Quest or any local lab for that). They will check everything and send the results to my doctor. They'll be able to tell what kind of vitamins I'm deficient in, how my cholesterol is, etc.

The good news is that I'm down a total of 48 pounds! It's amazing how it just keeps falling off...a lot slower now, but that's a good thing! I can definitely tell in my face and my mid-section. I'm down now 4 sizes! What a great feeling that is!!! I'm also more active now. My family joined the local YMCA and we've gone to the pool now the past two Sundays. I actually got in and swam a few laps yesterday...how refreshing that was. I think even my kids were surprised to see me in the water. They got used to me being an inactive slug for the past few years. It was a great feeling to be in the pool with them!!

I'm looking forward to starting a regular fitness regime...tomorrow night, I'm heading into the Y's fitness center to try some light weights and maybe the elliptical. I also am looking forward to the large indoor track that they have at the Y. I can't wait!

As for my food intake, I'm still having problems finding what I can and cannot eat. I was massively craving a slice of pizza last week, so I tried eating a 1/2 slice. I got really bad acid reflux afterwards and ended up throwing up. This happens more often than not, and I really think that I'm just making poor choices. It's hard when you haven't eaten "real" food in so long (2 months now). It's like you have to learn to eat all over again!! I'm slowly but surely making progress.

Thankfully, my husband is a very patient man...he's put up with me all along the way without any complaints!!! It will all be worth it in the end, I'm sure of that!

Until next time, peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment