Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Getting a Little Nervous

The next step in this process is a psychological evaluation. It's required by the doctor and also by your insurance company. They want to make sure:

1. That you know what you are getting into
2. That you are prepared for the psychological changes that will happen once you have the surgery
3. That you're not some psychotic freak that will flip on them after surgery

Anyway, my psych evaulation is scheduled for this Friday (Friday the 13th coincidentally). I'm a little nervous about what the psychologist is going to ask me. Yes, I'm ready for this surgery. I've never been more ready for anything in my life. Yes, I know about the possible complications and risks associated with the surgery. Yes, I know what to expect afterwards (liquid diet for 2 weeks, etc.). Believe me, I've done my research. I've talked with several people who have had the surgery done. I don't feel that I'm blind about anything going in.

I'm just afraid that the psychologist will try to talk me out of it. No matter what she says, I am ready to go in FULL FORCE!!! The thought of having a completely new, self-confident, comfortable, active life definitely outweighs any possible complications or side effects.

I'll let you know how the psych evaluation goes on Friday!!! :)

Until then, I'll keep dreaming about the skinny me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment