Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quick Update

I had my psychological evaluation on Friday, March 13th and finally (and, yes, I mean finally) got a copy of my evaluation today. The doctor faxed it to my surgeon's office, and once they review it, their scheduling department will call me to schedule the surgery. Woohoo!

It's been a long couple of emotional months trying to decide what to do. I'm glad that this part is finally behind me. Now I can look forward and focus on the actual surgery, recovery, and lifelong changes that will be made afterwards.

I definitely feel like I've done my due diligence. I've talked extensively with three people that have had the gastric bypass surgery. I've learned all about the good, the bad, and the ugly. I feel like I don't have any false assumptions about what to expect. I know it will be a long, slow recovery and that my life will change forever. But, that's what I look forward to the most. The change.

I'll update you all again once the surgery has been scheduled. In the meantime, I'll continue to maintain a patient (yet bursting inside with excitement) mentality. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment