Monday, April 26, 2010

A New Day...

OK, so I think that I've mentioned the problem that I've been having lately with carbs. Some of my Barix friends suggested that I try a 5-day pouch test. That involves going back to the basics -- only liquids for the first two days and then gradually weening back onto solid foods. It's supposed to help cure the addiction to carbs, which I really need. However, horrible thoughts and memories of the 10-day pre-surgery liquid diet are still on my mind, and I don't think I'm ready for anything that drastic yet.

That said, I am going to start a refresher today in the basics. I spent Saturday and Sunday at the gym and did cardio, weights, and swimming. I really enjoyed myself and it was really nice to finally get back into that routine. I look forward to spending a few hours on me each week.

I got on the scale this morning and I was back down to 171 (after going up to 176 slightly a few days ago). I don't know if I was just retaining water or if those carbs I've been snacking on lately finally reared their ugly face and added a few pounds on my hips. Either way, I'm focusing on getting down a few more pounds. My one-year surgiversary is this coming Friday. If you would have asked me a year ago if I ever thought it was possible that I'd be down 100 pounds in one year, I would have laughed in your face. Seriously.

I'd like to spend the next few months focusing on my exercise -- toning what I have. Being in a swimsuit this weekend at the Y made me realize that I'm not ready for the beach and vacation yet. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE where I am, but I'd honestly like to lose another 10 pounds (especially right around the spare tire around my hips). Being at 160 pounds is my ultimate goal, and I know that I won't get there without a lot of a hard work and exercise. And a focused and determined mind -- I need to limit my carbs and increase my fruits and vegetables. I need to drastically increase my water intake.

Hell, I've already lost 100 pounds -- another 10 shouldn't be a problem, right? Ha. Those first 100 pounds almost fell off my bones. These last 10 pounds are going to be a challenge, but I'm up for the challenge! I've come a long way and I am not going to let this challenge beat me! Game on!

Until next time, peace out! Have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment