Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Some people really piss me off!

So, I had a dentist appointment this morning and my hygienist (who hasn't seen me in 6 months) asked me how I'd lost so much weight. We talked for a bit about how I'm eating 5-6 small meals a day, eating proteins first, not eating any sugars, etc. Even after that, she still questioned me as if she didn't believe that I'd lost that much weight. I finally confided in her that I'd had WLS and explained that by no means was it easy and that I worked really, really hard to get where I am today.

Some people always look at the negative in things. My dental hygienist commented how great I looked and all, but had to throw in the cautionary comments about "Well, be careful because I know 3 people that had the surgery and they've gained it all back."

Why do people turn something positive into something negative? I just don't get it.

- Of course, I know that I have to be careful of what I eat for the rest of my life.
- Of course, I know that I cannot revert back to my old eating habits.
- Of course, I don't EVER want to look the way I did a year ago.

I am determined to be happy and healthy for the rest of my life. I'm just glad that I can take people's negative comments and let them go in one ear, and out the other. I have a hard shell, and I'm sure not going to let someone else's pessimism get me down!

Until next time, peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment