Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

Spring is definitely here. New life is everywhere you look. Flowers peering through the soil, buds blooming on the trees, and even the sounds of the birds reminds you that spring is here. As I sit at my kitchen table looking outside at all the new life, I can't help thinking about the new life that I now have. It is amazing to think how different I am now over how I was just a year ago.

My best friend was at my house this morning (for my daughter's First Communion) and someone took a picture of us. The same time last year (mid-April), we were at my sister-in-law's baby shower and also took pictures. For shits and giggles, I put the two pictures together...and WOW. Words cannot describe the feeling I had when I looked at the pictures side by side. I honestly feel sick in my stomach when I look at how large I used to be. I really can't fathom how I let myself get that big!!! See for yourself. Here we are:



As I look back at that photo of myself, all those horrible thoughts and feelings of being overweight come flooding back. I never, and I repeat never, want to look anything remotely that horrible again!

So, this Spring, Lisa and I both have something to be happy about -- our new lives. Spring is a season for renewal, and Lisa and both are blessed to have had the opportunity to renew ourselves.

Here's to you, Lisa...

No comments:

Post a Comment