Saturday, April 24, 2010

Reality is here...

I am going to be celebrating my one-year surgiversary next Friday -- I can't believe it's really been an entire year. I am down just about 100 pounds, although the number on the scale has gone up a few pounds in the last 2-3 weeks.

For the first time since surgery, I actually feel that my old appetite is back. I don't know if this is normal, but I'd be willing to bet money that it is. I remember seeing lots of postings on here about people struggling after a year out. Well, I suppose it's finally my turn.

I have had this continual desire to graze for about a month now. Unfortunately, the grazing consists of carbs -- pretzels, crackers, and these Ritz Crackerfuls that I'm addicted to.

I'm trying to think of the reason why my appetite has suddenly become less than desirable, and I think that I've pinpointed one of the reasons. In addition to having his grazing problem, I've also substantially increased my intake of caffeine. Whereas I used to be fine with a small cup of coffee each morning, I now find myself having another cup in the afternoon at work and sometimes even having another cup when I get home from work at night. I do remember reading that caffeine is an appetitie stimulant, so maybe that's the reason for my increased appetite?

I really need to decrease my caffeine and carb intake and increase my activity and exercise. The weather is getting nicer out, and I need to focus on being outside. As soon as I sign off of this blog, I'm taking the kids to the YMCA for some swimming. I think I'll work out on the eliptical for 30 minutes first, but then maybe I'll enjoy a relaxing swim.

Until next time, peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment