Friday, April 30, 2010

One year later!!!

Today is my one-year surgiversary! It's a beautiful day outside...the sun is shining...it's supposed to be a gorgeous 82 degrees. What a day to celebrate the new me!

I took a few minutes this morning (while drinking my morning coffee) to reflect on just how much has changed in my life in the past year.

1. Confidence. I no longer am embarrassed to walk into a room. I like the way I look and feel. Normal. That's all I ever wanted. To feel and look normal. This newfound confidence has even given me a boost at work. I serve as the spokesperson for a school district and have handled a few issues with the media lately. I feel that this newfound confidence really helped me react in these situations and I felt more confident being under pressure and in front of the news cameras. I can't imagine what it would have been like in those situations with the "old" me.

2. Clothing. I love buying clothing again, although my wallet doesn't. I'm finally in a size 12 -- that is somewhere that I haven't been since probably my junior year of high school (24 years ago!!).

3. Activity. I am no longer winded walking up a set of stairs or running around with my kids. I'm very much looking forward to this summer and doing lots of outdoor activities with my three young children.

There is so much to be happy for and so much has changed in the past year. I'm very grateful for the opportunity to restart my life, and am thankful for all of my family and friends who put up with me for the past year (especially those first few weeks).

Until next time, peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment