Friday, May 8, 2009

Back to the grind...

Well, I went back to work yesterday for a half-day and again today for a half-day. I went in during the morning, so I was able to come home in the afternoon and relax. It wasn't as bad as I expected. At least I know have the weekend.

I'm doing very well...surprisingly well for only 8 days post-op. I would have thought that I would have had more pain following surgery, but I stopped my pain meds on Monday night and haven't needed anything but a Tylenol only once since.

I go back next Friday for my two-week checkup. I should be given the green-light then to move up to pureed foods...whoopie! At least I can eat applesauce and cream of wheat. Anything that I'll be able to chew or at least feel like I'm eating something instead of just drinking. Including the 10-day pre-op liquid diet that my doctor put me on, it's been three whole weeks since I've actually been able to eat anything...three weeks!!!

As of yesterday morning, I was down 22 pounds since my pre-surgery weight on April 15th (the day of my pre-admission testing). Not bad for three weeks (knowing most of this was water weight).

Anyway, all's well right now...will post more later!! Peace out...

No comments:

Post a Comment