Monday, May 11, 2009

Things are going well...

OK, so this weekend was a really bad weekend. Had a ton of stuff to do with the kids and family. Mother's Day was the worst. We went to my brother and sister-in-law's house for a Mother's Day cookout. Let me tell you that the smell of those hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill was almost enough to make me crazy. Since I'm still on the liquid diet phase, I cannot eat anything. I get to indulge in sugar-free pudding/jello and soup (the broth only). It's been three weeks now, and it's getting kind of old. I'm definitely looking forward to my two-week checkup on Friday when I will be put on pureed foods (a slight step up).

It's all worth it though...as of yesterday, I was down 27 pounds. No complaints here. My only problem is that I'm still not getting all of the walking and proteins in. I know that this will be an ongoing problem for me with the crazed, busy life I lead. I need to make me a priority (that is the reason why I am in the situation I'm in - I never made ME a priority).

Today was my first full day back at the office. By full, I mean FULL. Nine hours in the office and then another three hours at a school board meeting. I am beat right now. Tomorrow will be better, but then Wednesday night is another repeat of tonight (another nighttime meeting in the office). Once I get through this week, things will be much better, I'm sure.

I feel great. No pain at all on my incisions (there never really was). No problems drinking anything. Like I said, just having problems getting in the protein and walking. I will work on that.

Anyway, off to bed now. I'm sleepy...peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment