Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Taking a step backwards...

Well, as of tomorrow, I am 4-weeks out from gastric bypass surgery. It's been a fairly normal recovery (at least the surgery part of it). I went back to work after only one week. Not too many problems with that. However, the diet part of things is not going too well.

As of last Friday, Dr. Boe gave me to green light to move onto soft foods. I thought this was a little early, but was drooling for some real food, so I tried.

I've had a few successful meals (refried beans with ground beef, soups, etc.), but this weekend it all started getting bad. I've had four episodes where I've either had to make myself throw up or I've just thrown up. A few times, I think the food was actually stuck and the other times, I think it was severe acid reflux (I had a few small bites of strawberries covered in Splenda and another time had three bites of Wendy's chili).

Anyway, after a call to Dr. Boe and my nutritionist, I am back on pureed foods right now. My nutritionist said that Dr. Boe moves his patients along a little faster than other doctors, and that it would be best for me to go back to pureed foods.

I'm a little disappointed, frustrated, sad, irritable, depressed...you name the emotion, and I'm feeling it. I thought I was finally moving forward to soft foods...and hopefully back to some normalcy. This just totally sucks --even though I know it's the best thing to do. Gotta allow my body to heal before moving forward. It still sucks, though.

Sorry for complaining, but thanks for allowing me to get it all out! Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment