Sunday, May 24, 2009

More than 25% there...

I'm slightly over 3 weeks post-surgery, and I'm down an incredible 35 pounds already! That's 25% of my weightloss goal! I feel really good about that, but not so good about how I got here!

I'm on soft foods right now, and to be quite honest, I'm having a hard time eating anything. I'm supposed to be eating 6 times/day and getting 64 ounces of fluids/day. I'm nowhere even close either of those. I'm constantly full and have been having issues lately when I do eat something. Sometimes, the food gets "stuck". The opening to my stomach is right now the size of an M&M. I don't know if I'm eating too quickly or not chewing enough. Once the food gets "stuck," anything I eat or drink for hours afterwards just gets "backed up". It's an awful feeling.

Because of this, I'm really scared to eat anything. I know I'm not getting enough protein in. I've been trying to supplement with those protein bullets, but again, I can't drink very much without my new stomach getting full. It's really, really hard.

I'm told that things will get better, and I really hope they do soon! I dream of the day when I can eat normally again...and partake in the picnics, celebrations, and birthday parties. It's rather depressing being left out of all these life celebrations!

On a positive note, I can't say that I've dropped a size, but all of my clothes now fit again...and they're a bit loose. I think before surgery, I was packing myself into clothes that really didn't fit. I probably looked like a cow!!!! It's nice to fit into clothes once again!!! I will continue to try to shrink my clothes in a dryer -- I really want to limit myself from buying new clothes for as long as possible.

I'm heading to a Memorial Day picnic today at my brother and sister-in-law's house. They're making Mexican food. She's going to make some ground beef with some cheese for me. Hopefully, that will go down well! It will be nice to partake in the celebration, but not having any of those yummy margaritas will be hard!!!!

Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Enjoy your celebrations and picnics!!

Until next time, peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment