Friday, May 29, 2009

Living on the taters...

Well, I made it through a week of pureed foods...after my minor setup earlier this week. I basically lived off mashed potatoes because they go down easily and the thought of pureeing my dinner just doesn't sit well with me. Meatloaf of spaghetti through a blender just doesn't sound appetizing. I'd rather continue eating my mashed potatoes and getting additional protein in through my protein bullets.

I am so scared of the pain that I had last weekend and earlier this week. It was awful, and I really don't want to experience that again (if I can help it!).

It's getting very hard thinking about food these days. What I wouldn't give for a slice of sicilian pizza (just one slice, that's all!) or a couple of bites out of a chicken cheesesteak. They are the two foods that I'm craving...salivating over...lusting for!!! Hopefully, eventually, some day, I'll be able to enjoy those again...but the waiting is hard! Very hard.

That said, I'm overjoyed that I'm down 38 pounds. I can see and feel a difference in how my clothes feel and look. A few people at work have complimented me and said I look great! I definitely see a change in my face...I'm not so "puffy" anymore!

Two things I have to work one:

1. Getting my protein in. I'm supposed to be eating 70 grams of protein per day. I can honestly tell you that most days, I'm nowhere even close to that. I'm lucky some days if I get in 30-40 grams of protein. My nutritionist said not to worry about it, especially while I'm still on the pureed phase. I'm just worried that it will increase my hair loss in a few months. From what I understand, the lack of protein is what assists in your hair falling out!

2. Getting enough exercise. Since I went back to work a week after surgery, finding time for myself has become few and far between. I do walk on my treadmill a few times a week, but I really should be walking every day for at least 30 minutes. I know this will help increase my weightloss. I vow to make more of an effort starting this weekend. Seriously, I will.

OK, that's enough for now. I hope you all have a great weekend! Take care and peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment