Monday, May 4, 2009

Feeling human again...

Today was my first day home all by myself. Hubby was at work. Kids were at school. I have to say -- it was nice! I took a 3-hour nap, got a load of wash done, and did 6 minutes on the treadmill (very slow, mind you). It was a rainy, dreary Monday here in Pennsylvania. Just perfect for lounging around and doing nothing.

My incisions don't hurt at all (unless I bend in an odd way). My stomach makes all sorts of weird rumblings throughout the day. Not really hunger pains. Probably just re-adjusting itself to what I drink.

Speaking of drink, I'm on a 2-week liquid diet to allow my stomach to heal. I'm having a really hard time getting my protein in. It's hard enough getting the water in. I bought some of the Special K protein water and I'm going to try that. I've tried adding the no-flavor protein mix into soup, but it ruins the soup. Right now, I don't have much to look forward to with regards to what I eat/drink, so I don't want to spoil everything. I'm going to try another protein shake tonight and hope that I can tolerate that.

I'm hoping to go back to work on Thursday (maybe even Wednesday for a half-day). I really feel good. I know myself too well -- this boredom will slowly eat away at me. I don't want to rush back into the grind, but figure I can do a half-day to start off and then see how it goes!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment