Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 7...still surviving!

Sunday - Day Seven of Pre-Surgery Liquid Diet:

OK, so I made it through the banquet last night. I purposely showed up late (hoping to time it so that the dinner part would be over - they were serving roast beef and turkey and I knew that would be hard!). Unfortunately, I got there just as they were serving dessert -- apple pie with vanilla ice creeam. Surprisingly, that wasn't too difficult. I didn't crave the sweets at all. I had no problem making it through the banquet with only chugging my water.

Now, this afternoon will be a real challenge. I have to go to a birthday party where there will be tons of food. My weakness will be my mom's homemade pulled pork with fresh bakery rolls. I don't know if I've told you that I'm a complete carb addict. That will drive me crazy. I'll have to hang out outside for the whole day just to stay away from the smell.

After today, I'll have three more days of work and then surgery! They are three busy days in the office, so I'm sure that time will fly! Before I know it, I'll be lying in that recovery room on the way to a new life.

I'm not really nervous (yet) about the surgery. Just nervous about what life will be like afterwards. What food will I be able to tolerate? Will I experience dumping syndrome? How quickly or slowly will the weight drop? Lots to think about, but let me get through Thursday first!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment