Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Two down...I'm on a roll...

Tuesday - Day Two of Pre-Surgery Liquid Diet:

Two days down on this ten-day liquid diet. That's two days that I will try hard to forget. The headache from caffeine and sugar withdrawal is still there, but I feel a tad better than I did yesterday. That first day was a big blur. I felt horrible all day long and was home in bed early last night.

Today was a busy day at work, so I didn't really think about eating. The sugar-free jello and sugar-free pudding are a nice pick-me-up.

It's absolutely amazing when you can't eat...it's then that you realize how much of our lives surround food. Everything from lunch at the office to birthday parties with the family. I know that will be part of this whole process is to learn that food does not have to be the center of everything I do.

Anyway, tomorrow is another day. I'm like a little kid when I drink the protein drinks...I haven't found one that I can tolerate, so I hold my nose or chug it down and then chase it with a glass of water.

I have been drinking all of my water, which is very not like me. It's getting annoying with a trip to the bathroom every single hour at work. Oh well, it's all part of the bigger plan! It will all be worth it in the end.

I am really looking forward to after surgery when I'm able to be up and around, getting my walking in, and just get back to being normal. The weather is starting to turn nicer, so I'm really looking forward to walking with my kids.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment