Wednesday, April 15, 2009

PATs Today - Got the Green Light!!!

I can't wait to share my good news! I had my PATs (pre-admission testing) today at Barix in Langhorne, PA. I was there from 7:45 a.m. to 11 a.m. They did blood work, chest x-rays, gall bladder ultrasound, pulmonary tests, an EKG, and quizzed me profusely about my medical history.


Everything went well, but I found out my cholesterol is a little high. The doctor put me on a prescription to help bring that down before surgery.


Otherwise, I got the "green" light for surgery on April 30th!! Two weeks from tomorrow, my new life will begin!! Now onto Dr. Boe's 10-day liquid diet starting Monday. Ugh...


My best friend, Lisa, went with me today and we got to try some of the oh-so-yummy protein drinks that Barix offers. Since I will have a month of a liquid diet to look forward to (10 days before surgery and then 14-20 days after surgery), I figured I'd give them a shot. The fuzzy navel and vanilla bean torte protein drinks were actually kind of good. Not that I loved them, but they were tolerable. I bought two big containers of them and look forward to my diet of liquids starting Monday.


All in all (except for the rain and having to go back to work this afternoon), it was a good day. Just another thing to check off my list before surgery. Monday is when the real fun will start!


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment