Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Working on day three...not bad so far!!!

Wednesday - Day Three of Pre-Surgery Liquid Diet:

Well, hump day is here and I think I may be over that hump! The caffeine and sugar withdrawal hump, I mean!

The headache has subsided and I actually feel pretty good. Not as good as after eating a chicken cheesesteak, mind you, but I'm definitely feeling energetic. I don't know how. A diet of chicken broth, water, sugar-free jello, water, and sugar-free pudding isn't that energizing. I'm trying protein shakes and protein shots here and there, but they're not the greatest!

I went to the grocery store at lunch today for the first time this week. I have to say that it was a little hard around the bread and deli aisles, but I survived! I had to pick up some sugar-free hot chocolate and more sugar-free pudding. They are my treats. Oh, and the sugar-free popsicles are a nice treat at night (as long as my kids don't eat them all!).

I was thinking today about how for the most of my life, food has been the center of pretty much everything I do. I usually start thinking about lunch by 9:15 a.m. Dinner plans usually start right after lunch. Food has always been on my mind. I'm looking forward to being able to live a life where food IS NOT always on my mind. Where food is not always the center of events. Hopefully, the new "me" will adjust to this new lifestyle!

Anyway, I'm just glad that I made it through another day (well, almost) on this liquid diet. Three down, seven to go.

Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you. You are almost done with the liquid diet. You CAN do it! You are going to be in surgery before you know it...

    ~Diane
    a.k.a. dlb1962 on the Barix Boards.
    I have a blog too.
    http://dbruder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete