Saturday, April 4, 2009

Getting Nervous!

OK, the nerves are starting to tremble. My date with PAT (pre-admission testing) is slowly creeping up on me. It's on 4/15 -- only about a week and a half away. The thing that I'm dreading most is the 10-day liquid diet that I will have to go on before surgery.

I've been stocking up on samples of protein supplements since that is what my diet will consist of for those 10 days. I'm so afraid that I will not be able to follow the liquid diet before surgery. I've talked to a lot of people on the Barix message boards and have gotten lots of good tips.

For my PATs, they will do all the necessary bloodwork, take an ultrasound of my gall bladder, and check all of my medical history. They actually have to clear me for surgery, which is scheduled for 4/30. I hope everything goes OK and that there are no issues or problems.

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I will be like after surgery -- once the weight starts coming off. Will I like the same foods? What will I look like? I'm hopeful of the thought of being able to wear normal clothes, go out in public and not be ashamed at the way I look, and to walk and carry myself with confidence instead of embarassment. I am counting down the days until my surgery -- both in fear and in hope. Hope of the new life that I will have once the surgery is over!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say I love your attitude and I am happy for you with this journey. I am awaiting for my insurance to approve me, so I can have my surgery (at Barix as well). I look forward to following your blog to see how you do! Good luck.
    Mellissa

    ReplyDelete