Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Here goes nothing...

Tomorrow's the big day. I have to be up, dressed, and out the door by 6:30 a.m. to get to Langhorne, PA (about an hour away) for my pre-admission testing. I'm really not too nervous yet, but will be when I turn off this laptop and shut the lights off.

I'm planning to not get any sleep tonight. Is it nervousness? Excitement? Maybe a bit of both. Either way, I'm sure the bags under my eyes will be dark and deep tomorrow morning. Not even an entire bottle of concealer will help those puppies.

I'm quite certain that this will become a reality for me tomorrow. Once all the tests, bloodwork, and ultrasounds are done, I'm hoping that I'll hear those magical words "You're clear for surgery" from the nurse. Fingers crossed, once I hear those words, the countdown will begin.

Not that the next two weeks will be easy, mind you. Waiting for that surgery date of April 30th will be like a living nightmare. First of all, I get to start the lovely 10-day liquid diet on April 20th. Let me tell you how excited I am for that! Not! Ten days of pure liquid enjoyment.

Hey, it will all be worth it in the end, right? I know this is going to be a long, lifelong process of becoming a healthy, normal person again. It took me 20 years to get to this point. I'm sure I'm not going to change overnight. It's about balance, taking my time, and enjoying every step of life along the way! After all, I want to be here for my three wonderful children as they grow up!
I will let you know how my PATs go tomorrow. Until then, peace out! :)

1 comment:

  1. We have the same problem Shelly and I'm trying to lose all those pounds as well. At times I'm feeling depressed when I look at myself in the mirror. But I'm trying to be healthy now for the sake of the kids. Well not sure if they have gastric surgery here in Australia. Goodluck to you and let us know how you go.

    ReplyDelete