Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day four...going strong!

Thursday - Day Four of Pre-Surgery Liquid Diet:

Things have gone pretty well today. I've been extremely busy at work. I was running this morning to a few of my school buildings, so that helped to keep my mind off of things.

I've had some stomach grumblings, but nothing too serious that a sugar-free jello or sugar-free pudding can't help subside. I've been drinking all my water (and hitting the ladies room every couple of hours -- including the regular 4:30 a.m. trip in the middle of the night).

I have to say it is still hard being around food. For instance, someone put out meatballs and hot roast beef for sandwiches today at lunchtime. Making dinner tonight for the family was also hard. Just the smell bothers me!

But, I have to say that I think I'm over the psychological addiction to food. Maybe I'm kidding myself, but I don't feel the need to graze on food when I'm stressed or bored. I feel very energetic, which surprises me with the limited liquid diet.

I was very, very tired the first two days - mostly from the caffeine and sugar withdrawal, I'd imagine. The third and fourth days, I've had lots of energy. Surprising. I'm not sure where it's coming from. Maybe my body is applauding the cleansing of all the bad stuff. Maybe?

Anyway, this weekend will surely be difficult as I have a banquet on Saturday and a birthday party on Sunday. Both events, of course, are planned around food. I will have to respectfully excuse myself from being around food, and take plenty of protein drinks and water with me!

One week to go...by this time next week, I'll hopefully be resting in my hospital room (or walking the halls).

Goodnight, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment