Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day ten...now onto the hard stuff!

Wednesday - Day Ten of Pre-Surgery Liquid Diet:

I made it...whew!!! I can't believe I made it through 10 days of this liquid diet. I had visions of a chicken cheesesteak and french fries dancing through my head today at work. Seriously. It was pathetic.

Tomorrow is surgery. I can't believe it's here. It's been a long and short journey all at the same time! I have to be at Barix at 8:15 a.m., so my hubby and I are leaving here about 7:00 a.m. It will probably a long and restless night.

This time tomorrow, I'll be either sleeping or walking around the hospital. I've been told that the nurses get you up about four hours after surgery and get you walking. This helps to prevent blood clots and also helps your body recover from the anesthesia. It will be fun, I'm sure!

Here's a disgusting photo of me last weekend. It will be fun to look back on this later.

(Wow, did I really look THAT bad?)



OK, I'm off to finish packing my last couple of items. I will write again when I'm able...hopefully in a few days!!! Peace out!


1 comment:

  1. I KNEW you could make it! Good luck to you on your surgery and have a safe and speedy recovery...I know what you mean...it is hard for me to look at myself in my fat photos. Soon this will all be a distant memory and you will be showing your before photo to people that will remark, "That was YOU? WOW!"
    BTW, despite your weigh, I still think you are a very pretty woman.

    ReplyDelete